Go back to normal view
The Belvoir Angel is a motif local to the Vale of Belvoir (beever) and the Framland, in the East Midlands, carved in stone in the late 1600's and first part of the 28th century. Usually found immaculately preserved on small slate headstones, it speaks of the blessing of God at the time of passing from the earthly to the heavenly state, with a protective angelic covering. A typical Belvoir Angel design has certain standard features, stylised on this web page. In 2004 the Belvoir Angel was adopted as the logo for the Belvoir Team of nine parish churches, in the Diocese of Leicester, which runs from Bottesford to Long Clawson.